Sunday, January 8, 2012

Introduction to the blogging world.

I'm constantly thinking and reading about food/nutrition. Writing down what I learn and already know is a good way for me to keep my thoughts organized. Hopefully my blog will help other people think twice about what they are putting into their bodies every day. 

Food...
is awesome,
tasty,
bonds people together,
universal - something all humans have in common,
we eat it when we are sad, happy, tired, frustrated, and in celebration.

Definition: any nourishing substance that is eaten, drunk, or otherwise taken into the body to sustain life, provide energy, promote growth, etc. It's on the bottom row of Maslow's Hierachy of Needs as something we must have to survive. But how often do we actually think about what is in the food we are eating?

As other people put it, "One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating."
~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti

"If you’re happy, you eat. If you’re sad, you eat. You lose a job, you eat. You get a job, you eat. It’s, you know, it’s addiction."
Barbara Cook

Follow me as I attempt to write about this life-sustaining thing we call "food".

No comments:

Post a Comment